Environmental Psychology Research /
Research on Education in General
Example of a chapter I wrote in a book
Example of papers on environmental psychology research
Sense of place and willingness to conserve the region
- Sakurai, R. et al. 2017. Sense of place and attitudes towards future generations for conservation of coastal areas in the Satoumi of Japan. Biological Conservation 209: 332-340.
- Sakurai, R. et al. 2016. Factors affecting residents’ behavioral intentions for coastal conservation: case study at Shizugawa Bay, Miyagi, Japan. Marine Policy 67: 1-9.
- Sakurai, R. et al. 2015. Factors influencing public participation in conservation activities in urban areas: a case study in Yokohama, Japan. Biological Conservation 184: 424-430.
Hope theory and life satisfaction level
- Sakurai, R. et al. 2018. Application of the Hope Theory to understand reconstruction beliefs and Life Satisfaction Level among residents following the Fukushima Disaster. Journal of Asian Research 2(4): 162-175
Perceptions of culture and risk perception toward climate change
- Sakurai, R. et al. 2011. Culture and climate change: Japanese cherry blossom festivals and stakeholders’ knowledge and attitudes about global climate change. Biological Conservation 144(1): 654-658.
- Sakurai, R. et al. 2014. Japanese perceptions of climate change and their behavioral intentions of visiting cherry blossom festival. Global Advanced Research Journal of Social Science 3(3): 37-43.
Environmental economics research on WTP in comparison to inferred value
- Sakurai and Uehara 2017. Contingent valuation study regarding placing campus patrol for reducing smoking at a university: applying inferred valuation approach. International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics 38(2).
Example of papers about research on education at large
- Sakurai, R. 2019. “Role-playing workshop regarding wildlife issues targeting undergraduate students”. Policy Science 26(2). (in Japanese with English abstract).
- Sakurai, R. 2017. “Educational effects of a mandatory first year experience course: what do students at College of Policy Science learn in the Introductory Seminar?” Ritsumeikan Higher Educational Studies 17. (in Japanese with English abstract).
- Sakurai, R. 2016. “Innovative efforts toward FD (Faculty Development) and potentials of applying to CRPS program at College of Policy Science: a report on the research of domestic FD activities of 2015”. Policy Science 24(1):61-68. (in Japanese with English abstract).